Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ITS NOT ABOUT ME!

JOB 38:4-6
Where were you when I laid the earths foundation?... Who marked off its dimensions?... On what were the footings set or who laid its cornerstone?
There are times in life that I get stressed and worried over the things I am trying to accomplish. Even though Philippians tells me to be anxious for nothing, and rejoice always.(Phil 4:4-6)
It easy to forget That everything is not about me, especially when things aren't going my way. This is Gods world he created it and everything and everyone for his pleasure (Psalms 24:1). I am just a small part of his world, He isn't there to serve me, I am here to serve him and his plans and purposes. I wasn't there when he laid the earths foundations, He didn't ask for my input or help. When I start stressing out I am in essence saying that my circumstances are more important than his command to rejoice and not be anxious, worry  implies that I don't quite trust God, You know,the one who laid the earths foundations, who walks the recesses of the deep, cuts the channel for the rain to fall in, lightening reports to him! You get the picture
Somewhere between forty five billion and one hundred twenty five billion people have lived on this earth and there is Still only one God. My prayer today was that I would bring glory and honor to God. I do this by trusting him, rejoicing and not being anxious. This is Gods world its about Him! Its not about me.
NUFF SAID


1 comment:

  1. Very true and important to remember! I have found that replacing negative thoughts of worry (or guilt or irritability) with constructive thoughts of what I can control helps a lot. I can't control the weather or stock market or other people, but I can decide how much I smile today, how honest I will be, how much effort I put into my work, what books I read or music I listen to, how much I exercise, what food I eat, how forgiving I am of myself... Living in the moment can take discipline, but it gets easier with practice!

    ReplyDelete