Tuesday, August 16, 2011

FRIENDS

PROVERBS17:17 A friend loves at all times.
PROVERBS 27: 17 As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another
Finding real friends is one of the greatest assets of life. I think as you get older and go through a few challenges and struggles you begin to realize that life is more about the friends you have and not the things you've done.
I further believe that the secret to real success is learning how to get along with others and embrace each others differences. Maybe everybody my path crosses with should be considered a candidate for a life long friend. It seems natural  to like someone that you have laughed with, perhaps deeper friendships only comes after you've cried,fought, or struggled together.
Real friends are those who can see you at your worst and still believe the best in you and about you.
I think that friendship is where true discipleship begins. Think about it, why would I let you speak into my life if there wasn't a foundation of friendship a trust that has been both earned and proven. Maybe that's why discipleship among Christians seems to be lacking, we have built a lot  of programs for discipleship maybe we should put the priority on building community and friendships and allow discipleship to grow organically out of that. I realize that I haven't always been the best friend possible, but all my friends have  looked over my shortcomings. Here some things you might want to do with me to build better friendships.
FRIENDSHIP MAINTENANCE
1- forgive their mess ups
2- let them be themselves
3- view a friendship like a covenant
4- speak the truth in love
5- want the best for them
6- hang out
This is not all there is to say about friendship but for today its
NUFF SAID

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and i also agree, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some good stuff right there Pastor

    ReplyDelete
  4. you said we earn and prove trust. my life gets spoken into every day by people I don't even know. I believe love is a trust we begin with... all in from the start

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Pastor Ken.

    ReplyDelete