Sunday, August 21, 2011

IGNORANCE IS BLISS?

1PETER 1:2-3 grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord according to his divine power has GIVEN unto us ALL THINGS that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that has called us to glory and virtue.
I can only assume that everybody wants increase in their life. According to Webster increase =   to make greater, as in number, size, strength, or quality; augment; add to:
we all have a list of what we would like to increase from money to health to happiness etc. Yet vs. 2 says Grace be multiplied to you! 
GRACE = Gods willingness to use his power and his ability towards me! So how do I get this kind of grace, and favor? It comes when we gain the knowledge of him ( God ).
So when I gain the knowledge of Gods word it increases Gods willingness to use his power and ability towards me! can any one say WOW! This puts a whole new dynamic on my devotions, I don't have to read the Bible I cant wait to  read the Bible and gain more knowledge of him, in return increases grace to me.
Note vs. 3 GOD HAS GIVEN US ALL THINGS, not going to give us, but has given us, all things.
I have come to realize that you cannot believe for something that you don't have the knowledge of, or that it exists ( faith comes by hearing the word of God. Romans 10:17) Once you learn about something in Gods word your faith to recieve it increases then Gods Grace and Favor increase towards you!  I guess ignorance is not bliss after all.
NUFF SAID

1 comment:

  1. No, ignorance isn't bliss. Your words are really speaking to me today.

    ReplyDelete