Monday, August 29, 2011

WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS?

PHIL 2:3-4
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility each of you should consider others better than yourself. Each of you should look not only to your own interests but also to the interest of others.
If I never read another verse of scripture until I got this one right, I my never read anything else. SERIOUSLY!, nothing out of selfish ambition? I think 99% of everything I have ever done is selfish ambition.
What will I get out of it?
How does it benefit me?
Will I gain leverage?
That's only half of it. CONSIDER OTHERS AS BETTER THAN YOURSELF! Now you've got to be kidding. This is a tall order. Lets consider how much of the strife,stress and loneliness we could reduce in our lives if we live by this principle.
Last night I had the opportunity to apply this verse as my wife and I met with a couple who used to be in our "best friend"list and uncontrolable circumstances caused us to drift apart. I felt both parties came with humble hearts and without selfish ambition or conceit, No, who was right or who was wrong. The Results were truley a God thing and a renewal of a friendship that is greatly missed and cherished. At the end of the day FRIENDS are way more valuable then the stuff selfish ambition gets you anyway
NUFF SAID

No comments:

Post a Comment