Monday, July 4, 2011

ONE THING

Luke 10:38-42 .....you are worried about many things, but only ONE THING is needed and it wont be taken away (spending time at Jesus feet)
Proverbs 4:23 above all else guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life
You can choose from one of two teachers in life
1 the teacher of revelation
2 the teacher of situation
I can learn from sitting at the feet of Jesus:(Mary) church attendance, devotions, prayer and worship time. This gives me revelation of his purpose for my life. Other wise I can ignore the teaching I receive become to busy in life for sitting at the feet of Jesus, and be forced to learn from situation, because God loves me to much to leave me the way I am. ( Martha)
I am enjoying a season in my life doing the ONE THING.

2 comments:

  1. Love this Ken!

    Spending time with the Lord FIRST... IS THE WAY to accelerate you to everything you have need of. Often we do this backwards. We pursue after the "thing" BEFORE God and then go running to him to ask of his help.
    I have seen the spirit of what I call" ease" on my life when I keep this truth of spending time with the Lord first. Everything I have need of falls in place.
    If you are someone reading this blog, try putting Christ in all things FIRST.... Watch what happens! Number one... you'll fall in love like never before and number two.... all the things that you were striving for won't seem to matter as much. That is the place where you see your "Daddy.. Father God" give you those things with so much more "ease" than you could have done on your own without striving for them.
    Kris Fairless

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great word. I have spent to much of my ministry life trying and performing. i want the " spirit of ease"

    ReplyDelete